The Females’ Center of Excellence and Leadership, Inc. is a 100% volunteer based organization. With the support of volunteers, like you, we are able to offer programs for women and girls at no cost. To apply, please complete the Volunteer Application.
A Director is a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting The Females’ Center of Excellence and Leadership, Inc. In collaboration with the President and members of the Board of Directors, each Director has responsibility to:
- Provide oversight to ensure the proper administration of the affairs of Xcel, Inc.;
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization and enhance its public standing;
- Actively participate in activities that ensure adequate funding to support its mission;
- Appoint directors of the board of directors and committee members;
- Provide oversight to ensure the implementation of mission-based programming;
- Establish and oversee task forces or special committees as needed;
- Provide oversight for the publication and distribution of an annual report.
The LinkHer Manager leads and oversees the development, implementation and expansion of the LinkHer Program, which unites female students (High School Juniors and up) and professionals based on ANY career and educational path. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Have expert knowledge of LinkHer Program policies and procedures;
- Maintain and update Policy and Procedure Manual as needed;
- Develop relationships with businesses, schools and community organizations;
- Create and oversee implementation of a robust Mentor and Mentee Recruitment Plan;
- Manage participant screening, training, matching, recognition, and closure activities;
- Oversee organization and execution of Social and Annual Recognition events;
- Lead LinkHer Program Staff and complete other duties as needed
The Development Manager provides leadership and direction for the research, development and execution of funding sources and related proposals to ensure that Xcel, Inc. can accomplish operational and program initiatives. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Have expert knowledge of Xcel, Inc. programs, policies and procedures;
- Forge new relationships to build visibility, impact and financial resources;
- Design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances;
- Cultivate individual and philanthropic support via grants, sponsorships, donations etc;
- Identify and write grants for potential funders (state, federal, foundations, etc.);
- Oversee grant funding, application processes and required reporting activity;
- Identify, manage, develop and mentor Development staff;
- Perform other duties as needed by organization.
The Marketing Manager provides leadership and direction for the planning, execution, and monitoring of marketing strategies to build and unlock Xcel’s brand potential. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and implementing organizational marketing and communication strategies;
- Develop and oversee editorial content of PR, digital marketing and social media;
- Oversee editorial content of all communication and marketing communications;
- Secure free, in-kind and/or low cost media exposure and coordinate media interest;
- Developing and overseeing PR, digital marketing and social media content;
- Represent the organization and support Board and volunteers to be media ready.
- Obtaining feedback and evaluating market reactions to marketing program.